Monday, April 30, 2012

Chris Smedley 1961-2012

This pic is how I will remember Chris.


Hmmm...Today was a long day...Mostly because a good friend finally rode off into the setting sun yesterday. I would be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear or two today. It's funny, today made me think of all the time I had spent riding and hanging out with Chris...which was a lot, and I would do it all again!!!

I also thought about the first time I went into the Bicycle Shack. I was 12 and every time me, my brother, and mom would go to my grandmas house, we would, more often than not, drive past the Bicycle Shack and I would beg my mom to please stop. One day she finally did. I will never forget walking in and seeing the coolest BMX bikes ever!! I didn't know it then but I'm pretty sure fate had decided Chris and I were supposed to be friends and I'm truly grateful for him being a part of my life.

He was a great man and a great friend, and the world is a lesser place without him in it.

Rest in peace my friend.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment