Saturday, May 16, 2009

Racing

So I decided to start racing on the road again, and tomorrow is the first installment of the year. I've raced in the woods, now it's time to bring it to the pavement.

The race is in Topeka KS, it's 67 miles in length. My longest ride to date is 52 miles...I have done a lot of 40 milers, some with good intensity. I think i'll be okay. The course is mostly flat to rolling from what I saw on google earth, this is a good thing...it means the race pace should be at least 20mph+ and be over in 3 hours...ish. Breaking out the 303's for the race!!! It will be a nice change to ride some light wheels, and it will SUCK to go back to the everyday wheels after!!

Update tomorrow...I'm setting my goal for a top 10...not to lofty, but a pretty good goal none the less!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment