Sunday, May 24, 2009

The simple things


I figured this one out a long time ago, and had forgotten about it until yesterday.


So yesterday was the Saturday morning ride from the rec center at Longview C.C. and I decided to not go the usual way and take the scenic route. The usual way requires me to do a 110% effort after 1 mile...I FUCKING HATE THIS!!!!


I was thinking the scenic route would take longer so I left 10 minutes early just in case...It turns out the this way is a mile less WOOHOO!!! That gave me a lot of time to just ride and enjoy the morning. So i'm riding along and realize that I have a ton of time and start to poke along and notice these purple wild flowers, so I stop and take out my phone, snap a shot and roll on. While I was doing that I realized that all I could hear was the breeze blowing through the trees and the birds, no traffic, no people, no nothing...Just the simple things right?

I wasn't at a good place on the road to be sitting, so I rode up the hill to the intersection and stopped...just to take in what nature has to offer, I sat there for about 5 minutes and thought...wow it's been a long time since I stopped to look around.
It's funny, when me and the hommies would go on MTB trips, I would constantly preach to them to just look around see what's there...If you never look you never see!!! I do look around when i'm out riding, it's a rare thing anymore for me on anybody for that matter, to just stop and look around.
I guess I don't really have a point with this, i'm just saying that it was nice to stop and forget about everything and enjoy some of the simple things for a few!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment